Whether you’re an avid swimmer or not, it’s hard to deny that there’s just something so wonderful about the way water feels against our skin.
Water is refreshing, soothing, and warming. In the heat of summer or the cold of winter, water rejuvenates. Most of us step under the spray of water every morning. Many of us even lounge in the luxurious atmosphere of a steam shower on a daily or weekly basis.
So, the fact that water has been a therapy tool for centuries is no surprise.
People all over the world, and for thousands of years, have relied on water and steam to ease the pain of aching muscles and joints. Here are 5 reasons why hydrotherapy is so popular and effective.
- Our bodies react to cold or hot water in different ways. Those reactions stimulate our immune systems, improve circulation, and reduce sensitivity to pain.
- Warm or hot water soothes the body.
- Cool or cold water stimulates internal activity, encouraging internal organs to work harder and faster.
- To combat fatigue and stress, sit in warm water or steam.
- Hydro jets in showers and bathtubs direct spray to specific acupressure points. The water then massages and kneads the body.
Ready to have your own hydrotherapy experience? Check out: How to Choose the Best Hydrotherapy Tub.
If you’ve had a hydrotherapy experience, let us know how it helped you.
So much of the whole steam shower experience is about ease and relaxation. It’s like having a spa day in your own home. Since so many of the features that are available for steam showers – like aromatherapy dispensers and Bluetooth technology – are there to make the experience even more relaxing and enjoyable, it just makes sense that an automatic shampoo dispenser should be added to that list of necessary accessories.
You can find all kinds of soap and shampoo dispensers. Many of them require you to press a button to release the liquid. I suggest opting for a hands-free variety. You can choose the amount of liquid you’d like the dispenser to release without worrying about fingerprints or soap and water splatters.
Hands-free dispensers work thanks to sensors that have been built into the casing. They’re completely water proof, so you don’t have to worry about the dispenser malfunctioning after one or two showers!
The other advantage to hands-free soap and shampoo dispensers is that they take up less shelf space. Actually, they don’t take up any. Just affix the dispenser to the shower wall. Although it’s a luxurious addition to larger showers and steam showers, it’s almost vital in small showers and steam showers.
I think it’s safe to say that women are way ahead of men on this one. Women have known about the benefits of shaving in the shower, especially in a steam shower, for … well, let’s just say, for a very long time.
Men, however, haven’t caught onto it yet. Granted, most men need a mirror to help them shave properly, and most showers don’t offer a mirror as an accessory.
You can actually buy fog-free mirrors that attach firmly to the shower walls. They’re sold in nearly any department or hardware store. Some even come with lights.
So, now that you have a mirror, you’re ready to experience the benefits of shaving in the shower!
- Steam helps soften the skin, hair, and it will open your pores, too. You’ll end up with the closest shave you’ve had in a long time.
- Cut your bathroom time in half. Shaving over the sink then showering takes up more of your time than it needs to. Shaving in the shower means that you don’t need to take extra time to clean the sink after you’re done. Just stand under the shower and rinse. It will all go down the drain.
- The steam will soothe any skin irritation due to shaving, too.
Let us know if you love shaving in the steam shower!