There it is – the amazing all-in-one steam shower-regular shower experience. Ok, the truth is that all steam showers can offer an all-in-one experience. It’s not really specific to any model.
But, just think of it. Not only can you step into your steam shower, turn on the steam generator, and be transported to a luxury spa (in your very own home!). You can also step into your steam shower, turn on the steam generator and the taps for a combination steam-shower experience!
What I mean is that you don’t have to use your steam shower for one function at a time. Of course, you can just use it as a steam shower. Then, on those (rare) days when you don’t feel like a steam shower, you can use it as a regular shower.
The beauty of the steam shower is that you can do all of that AND use the steam and water functions at the same time. You can sit (or stand) under the spray of warm water while being completely enveloped by warm steam.
Looking for a total body experience? I’d say that’s it right there. Shower and steam … all-in-one. Amazing.
Arthritis is a real pain. Aching joints, inflamed muscle tissue … wherever you’re feeling it, it hurts!
While there isn’t an actual cure for arthritis, there are ways of managing the symptoms so that you can get on with your life. We’ve compiled 4 suggestions that people have told us work for them. Give them a try and let us know which worked for you. Remember to check with your doctor before starting any new fitness or care regime.
- Exercise. Yes, I know it sounds crazy. Why would anyone want to use muscles and joints that are already screaming in pain? The fact is, though, that that exercise can help reduce inflammation. Using those muscles makes them stronger and more supple, so you’re less prone to pain. The best part is that your body releases endorphins when you exercise. Happiness is its own special kind of pain killer.
- Steam. Sitting in a steam shower for just 10 or 15 minutes each day relaxes all your aching joints and muscles. What better reason to invest in a steam shower? As an added bonus, your skin will always look great thanks to the steam’s hydrating and moisturizing effects.
- It’s all about you. Really. Take some time every day to just focus on yourself. Read, soak in the steam shower, float in a warm pool … whatever you do, shut everything else out and just concentrate on relaxing your mind and body.
- Turn on the heat. Whether you sit in a warm steam shower, soak in a warm tub, or press a hot cloth against your aching body part, heat is the key to managing the pain. Heat helps reduce inflammation and relax muscles and joints.
What methods have you found that ease your muscle and joint pain? Ready to add a steam shower to your home treatment regime? Give us a call today.
Whether you’re an avid swimmer or not, it’s hard to deny that there’s just something so wonderful about the way water feels against our skin.
Water is refreshing, soothing, and warming. In the heat of summer or the cold of winter, water rejuvenates. Most of us step under the spray of water every morning. Many of us even lounge in the luxurious atmosphere of a steam shower on a daily or weekly basis.
So, the fact that water has been a therapy tool for centuries is no surprise.
People all over the world, and for thousands of years, have relied on water and steam to ease the pain of aching muscles and joints. Here are 5 reasons why hydrotherapy is so popular and effective.
- Our bodies react to cold or hot water in different ways. Those reactions stimulate our immune systems, improve circulation, and reduce sensitivity to pain.
- Warm or hot water soothes the body.
- Cool or cold water stimulates internal activity, encouraging internal organs to work harder and faster.
- To combat fatigue and stress, sit in warm water or steam.
- Hydro jets in showers and bathtubs direct spray to specific acupressure points. The water then massages and kneads the body.
Ready to have your own hydrotherapy experience? Check out: How to Choose the Best Hydrotherapy Tub.
If you’ve had a hydrotherapy experience, let us know how it helped you.