Happy 4th of July!
…or soon to be anyway. Tomorrow will be a day loaded with festivities, as I’m sure most of the weekend has been, too. How about going all out tomorrow with a 4th of July spa party hosted in your own home?
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Invite your friends to come enjoy your steam shower. Pick out your favorite aroma and pour it into the dispenser. Set up a fun playlist so they can relax completely. Provide thick and fluffy towels and bath robes.
- Set out trays of snacks and drinks. Healthy bites, like fresh fruit and veggies with dip, are perfect alongside some decadent treats, like cupcakes and chocolate truffles.
- Decorate the bathroom (inside and out) with 4th of July themed items. Check out our suggestions: July 4th Décor For The Bathroom.
- Lots of drinks! Provide both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Fruit punch, iced tea, and lemonade are perfect for hot, active days.
What are your plans for celebrating the 4th of July?
When we purchase a steam shower or whirlpool tub, we all want it to arrive at its destination in the best condition possible. Unfortunately, sometimes bad things happen to good steam showers and whirlpool tubs! If that happens to you, we want to make sure that you know what to do. Ultimately, we want your experience buying a steam shower or whirlpool tub to be a very happy one!
The first thing you should do when your steam shower or whirlpool tub arrives is to check it over for chips, dents, and any other problems. If you find anything, let us know!
Beyond that, you need to know that the warranty will cover the repair or replacement of any of the plumbing products that have not withstood normal use, maintenance and proper cleaning. If you’re not sure whether a part from your steam shower or whirlpool tub is covered by the warranty, give us a call.
There are a number of items that are not covered by the warranty. Here’s a partial list. For more details, and to read through the full list, follow the link to our FAQ page.
- Deterioration through normal wear and tear.
- Expense of normal maintenance.
- Postage or shipping costs for returned products.
- Mis-use of cleaning products.
Do you have questions about the warranty? Ask us!
So, you’ve taken the plunge (so to speak) and purchased your very own steam shower. Perhaps you’ve opted for a pre-fabricated, modular type that’s ready to use as soon as the pieces are properly secured and sealed. Or, perhaps you’ve splurged on a complete custom steam room. Whichever course you’ve followed, you can now have a personal spa experience any time you feel like it.
Even though you have the user instructions that came with the steam shower unit, and advice from either our support technicians or your own contractor, you may be wondering how exactly you should use your steam shower for the first time.
So, here are our best tips.
Begin by ensuring that your body temperature is at room temperature or cooler. Then, turn on the steam function. Sit back on the bench and soak up the warm steam for no more than 15 minutes. Afterwards, you can cool off by stepping out of the steam shower unit. Or, you can stand under the cool spray of the water. The key to enjoying the whole experience is to move gradually from one step to the other. Don’t shock your system by jumping into hot steam or standing under cold water at the end.
Did you opt for a combination steam shower-whirlpool tub? Lucky you! You have the option of switching at will between a relaxing steam shower and soaking in a luxury steam bath. As with the steam shower, make sure your body is not already too warm before slipping into the whirlpool tub. The key is to always make sure that you don’t overtax your circulation. “Used properly, a steam bath will help to overcome the stresses of everyday life, to relax and recover, and to gain new strength and improve general physical and mental well being” (steamshowersinc.com).
Do you have questions about how to use your steam shower or whirlpool tub? Ask us!