A modular steam room is a separate stand-alone assemblage unit. It just needs access to your home’s electrical and plumbing services. The steam room enclosure generates and stores the water vapors inside for steam bathing. It maintains the heat and moisture to a level set by the bather. It has walls, a ceiling, and a door. The whole structure is made up of water resistant material, which protects the steam shower from damage. Steam showers also come with seats so that bather can relax and feel comfortable.
Steam showers used to a the part of big hotels and health & beauty care salons. Due to its limited availability, only an elite class could afford and enjoy steam bathing. When people found out about the healing properties of steam showers, their demand increased. High demand pushed the manufacturers to construct the modular steam rooms that would be simple, inexpensive, and have all the essential features. This dream came true when the first modular steam shower was constructed and came into market at affordable price. It facilitates everyone.
Today, a modular steam room comes with all that is needed to enjoy steam bathing at home. It includes basic equipments such as a steam generator, flexible and braided lines to hook up to hot and cold water. If you are really handy, install the prefabricated unit yourself. It will save you hundreds of dollars that would otherwise go to hiring professionals. Different models of modular steam rooms also offer customized features.
In a nut shell, a modular steam room is a pre-build steam enclosure that is simple, inexpensive, and easier to install. It makes your life healthy, clean, and stress-free.
Do you love listening to music? Do you often miss music while you are taking the calming steam shower? You can now entertain yourself with good music while you are in the shower. A wonderful music system can alter the appeal of steam showering or steam bathing forever.
There are so many luxurious steam shower accessories available in the market. Some of them are headrests, essential oils, MP3 players, iPods, foot massage, aromas, radio and speakers, etc. But, the demand of music products is very high. Here are some of the music suggestions for your steam showers.
- MP3 music player is the best choice for your steam showers. Though, this feature comes in more expensive models of steam shower. It allows to cue up some relaxing classical music or some nature sounds while you shower. You can also load up your entire music collection and create playlists to suit specific moods.
- A music system with Bluetooth Technology is also awesome. It allows wireless synchronization with your smart phone and instantly starts streaming music. Now with a simple touch of a button, you can enjoy the rejuvenating power of music each and every day at your home’s steam shower.
- Play soft music. It helps you relax. If you have insomnia or sleep disorder, soft music improves your sleep pattern and after the session of steam shower, you will surely fall asleep.
- Play classical music if you love it. This sort of music is an amazing blend of relaxation and energy.
- Play piano with orchestral back up with no vocals. It has uplifting quality that is great for stress reduction.
- Play romantic music in your steam shower. It is perfect choice when you have temptation for more active listening.
- Play radio music when you are unable to detect your mood’s choice.
A good choice of music benefits you. It has the power to lift your spirit, create deep connectivity with yourself, soothe your tensed muscles, and move you to dance. It is really soothing when you sing along with your favorite song in a steam shower.
The straight answer is ‘NO’. Conservative on water (1 – 1.5 gallon average) and electricity, steam showers are a very cost effective way to relax at home. If we compare a steam shower to a whirlpool tub, 2-3 fills of the whirlpool tub can give the bather a year’s worth of steam baths. Amazing!
Steam showers are luxurious and cost effective bathing fixtures that save your money in all possible ways. Its maintenance charges are not high. Many people believe that if you buy an item at low price, you will have to bear with a variety of expenses later in the form of repairing cost, daily damaged items, clean-up charges, cost of replacement, and regular maintenance charges. When you calculate these charges, the product gets really expensive. But, this does not happen in the case of a steam shower. A steam shower is an excellent choice if you compare it to a traditional bathtub, which brings in big hassles and high water bills.
Let’s start off with a few facts and figures that will give you insight about how a steam shower is the perfect fit in your budget even after purchase.
Water saving – A report shows that 2 gallons of water is consumed during a steam shower in 20 minutes. Conversely, a regular showerhead spray uses at least 50 gallons of water in the same time period. This is really a huge saving of water.
Power Consumption - Power consumption is directly linked with the quantity of water used during the shower. The more water your bath shower uses, the more power needs to heat it up and generate steam. Consequently, your electric bill will go up.
A study shows that 2.4 kilowatt steam shower costs approximately $0.045 per 17 minute increment to run. A 17 minute steam shower everyday for 30 days equals $0.045 x 30 days = $1.36. The typical use of a steam shower with one 17 minute session a day costs you about $1.36 a month and about $16.31 each year.
It proves that a steam shower consumes less power and least amount of water. It is inexpensive way of steam bathing.