Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could all just snap our fingers and create the perfect size bathroom we really want? What would you have in your dream room – a shower, a bathtub, a living green wall like in the photo above? There are so many choices when size and budget aren’t a factor!
Sorry, I have to bring you back to reality. Most homes were built to accommodate both bathtub and shower … usually all in one. That’s a fantastic situation if you’re a family of adults and children. I don’t know too many young children who are happy having showers. They just can’t play with bath toys and bubbles like they can in a bathtub.
But, if space (or kids) is an issue. Then a sole shower may be the way to go, especially if you can turn that shower into a steam shower! How can you be sure you’re making the right choice? Check out our Pros and Cons lists below. Then contact us if you have any more questions. We love to talk to you!
- Great for soaking sore muscles.
- Perfect for kids and pets.
- Available in different sizes, types, designs.
- Available as freestanding or built-in.
- Get a plain, standard model or one equipped with special features, like whirlpool versions.
- Difficult for those with mobility issues.
- Can use up a lot of space in an already small room.
- Uses up a lot of water.
- Uses less water (steam showers use even less!).
- Makes staying clean quick, easy, and convenient.
- With special handles installed, showers are safer for those with mobility issues.
- Fits easily into small bathrooms.
- Lots of great features available (steam generators, aromatherapy dispensers, jet streams).
- Walls, joints, and seams must be sealed properly.
- The right shower can earn you more money when you sell your home.
- More water can splash out from behind a shower curtain.
What’s in your home – bathtub or shower?
So, you’ve decided that you’re ready to take the plunge (so to speak) and buy yourself a steam shower. Take it from me, you’ve made the right choice. You are going to find yourself spending a whole lot more time in the bathroom … admiring the way it looks, basking in the ultra relaxing steam, and marvelling at how wonderful you’re looking and feeling.
Seriously, everyone who has ever owned a steam shower loves it.
If you’re in the process of renovating your bathroom, then installing a steam shower is super easy, especially if you’re opting for a pre-fabricated type. Give our customer service professionals a call if you have any questions.
Most of us aren’t in a position to gut the bathroom in order to install a steam shower. But, there is another option. Did you know that it’s entirely possible to turn a regular shower into a steam shower? All you need is a steam generator, a plumber, and in some cases a contractor (because the shower cabin needs to be completely enclosed). The latter two on that list are your own choice, though we do have some tips to help you out. Read: How To Avoid Contractor Scams.
Steam Showers Inc can definitely help you out with choosing the right steam generator. Check out our tips below, and let us know if you have any questions.
- Steam generators can be installed within 25 feet of the actual steam shower. This means that you can still enjoy a home spa experience even if you have a small bathroom and shower unit.
- Steam generators come in a variety of sizes. Ask your contractor (or call our customer service professionals) to help you figure out how to measure your shower cabin. That measurement will help you choose the correct steam generator for the room.
- Choose a steam generator that offers a detailed warranty. The warranty we offer is among the best in the industry. It covers up to 5 years of residential use. You can find all the details here.
- The steam generator must be able to bring water to a boil within just a few minutes.
- Look for a steam generator that is quiet when it’s running.
- The steam generator should produce an even and steady amount of steam.
Questions? Ask us!
We have a lot of customers who order our steam showers from our website. So, we make a point of offering easy access to our customer service experts any time they need it. Even with a professional contractor or plumber looking after the installation of your new steam shower, you might find yourself needing to talk to one of our staff.
It could be something like not knowing how to change the light bulb on your brand new model. It’s no big deal. We’re here for you.
Here’s what is a big deal – buying an expensive product, like a steam shower, online and finding that there’s a problem. Keep these online purchasing tips in mind anytime you shop online.
- Research. Call the company and talk to the sales people. They should be more than happy to answer all your questions.
- Check the refund and warranty policy. Before plunking down your credit card, check that the company will honor your purchase if something isn’t to your liking. Will they cover the charge to ship the product back to them, for instance?
- Confirm the quality. When you receive your steam shower, check the panels. They should be brand new and chip- and crack-free. Check the color, too. Is it the one you ordered?
- Is it structurally sound? Check the quality of the aluminum supports and the overall frame. It should all be rust-free and solid.
- Check the glass. Steam showers, like all glass showers, are equipped with tempered glass. Sometimes, manufacturers will etch the proof into a corner of the glass. If the information isn’t on the glass itself, you will find the information in the manual that accompanies the shower. If you’re still not sure, call the manufacturer or the store you bought it from for confirmation.
Read more online shopping tips here.