Ok, ok, I know that today is only the second day of March, and that spring won’t officially arrive for another couple of weeks. Still, I like to think of March as the month of spring.
So, to get us into the spirit of spring, I though I should spend some time looking at ways to refresh the bathroom and that oh so luxurious steam shower. You can go for a full-on renovation. Or you can scale it back just a little and focus on giving your bathroom a true top to bottom spring cleaning.
Once all those grit-collecting corners are spotless, you’ll need to set your sights on one more thing – your home spa accessories.
When was the last time you gave your shower sponge a really good cleaning?
The shower is the place to go to get squeaky clean. It’s also the place that mold and bacteria love to call home. That warm, moist, and soothing environment provides a super relaxing atmosphere for us. For bacteria, that environment provides all that’s necessary for active growth.
None of that is news to anyone, right? That’s why we all own cleaning products that we use on our showers at least weekly.
But, what about those accessories? Sponges, poufs, loofahs, and cloths need to be cleaned regularly.
- Start with a wet cloth, sponge, and pouf. Place it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Place cloths, loofahs, sponges, and poufs in the washing machine. Use cold water and 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Place cloths, loofahs, sponges, and poufs in the dishwasher. Use the sterilize setting.
- Drop razors into a solution made from equal parts white vinegar and water. Soak for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- Drop the pumice stone into a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Soak for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse and air dry.
There you go! Share your own get clean tips!