The smallest room in the home – the bathroom – is often the one that presents the most challenges when it comes to organization. It makes complete sense, of course. The whole family uses the bathroom, and each person might have stuff that only he or she uses. Bottles, soaps, boxes of tissue, toilet paper, towels, hair products … you can probably think of all kinds of things that absolutely must live in the bathroom.
The question is how to find a place for all the stuff we need on a daily basis without feeling overwhelmed by clutter.
So, here are some tips to keep your bathroom working and looking clean and organized.
- Go through every item that is currently housed in your bathroom. Consider whether it’s something you use all the time, or if it’s something that you use occasionally, like a portable toothbrush carrier for travel. Consider discarding anything that doesn’t fit within either of those categories.
- Give your bathroom a top to bottom cleaning.
Once you’ve gone through those two steps, you’re ready to start bringing in some organizational products.
- Bathrooms don’t always sport great closets. Re-purpose an old cart to hold your often used towels, soaps, and other products.
- Those tiered fruit trays are perfect for storing countertop essentials.
- I love the idea of using lazy susans to organize bottles. It keeps them organized and easy to find.
What organizational tips and tricks are you using in the bathroom?